Tuesday, September 30, 2008

And The Sky Did Not Fall!!!


I certainly don't have the answers for fixing our nation's financial difficulties, but I'm glad the first rushed 'rescue' bill did not pass. It appears there was not such a huge urgency after all as the stock market plummeted yesterday and then rebounded a good ways back up today.

I think everyone in power needs to think this through carefully and listen to the varied 'experts' and then hopefully craft a bill that makes good sense. Or better yet, maybe they can undo or modify the accounting rules that caused the banks' balance sheets to plummet in value and liquidity to shrink in the first place.

In the meantime I've sold 2 properties in the past 10 days and in conversations with other Realtors I find they are selling also. And yes, these buyers are getting mortgages. We are even seeing multiple offers on some of the properties now. It's been my belief for some time now that our housing market in this area of Michigan has bottomed and that we are bouncing along that bottom and it's just a matter of time before we begin to see the market start to edge up.

1 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Jo said...

I totally agree with this post. When everyone in power needs to think this through carefully and listen to the varied 'experts' and then hopefully craft a bill that makes good sense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home